I returned from my trip to my oldest boy telling me that he wanted to be Benjamin Franklin for Historical Character Day tomorrow at school.
At 9:00 P.M. When he should have been in bed and I was already wishing I was.
Now, I should get a pass on not knowing about this because I was out of town for a week, right?
However. . .This is where that old theatre degree really comes in handy. (Also, I admit it, I LOVE doing this stuff. )
So, by 9:30 we had this:
I give you young Benjamin Franklin, printer’s apprentice:
This fabulous ensemble consists of:
- my white linen shirt with the collar turned up
- a white flour sack turned into a neck scarf
- the leather vest from the dress-up box (used just a couple weeks ago as part of my youngest’s Young Pioneer costume)
- the sweatpants he was wearing tucked into Dave’s socks to simulate breeches
- my old readers with the lenses popped out
- a floppy felt hat
- boots dug out of the shoe basket–I’m not even sure they are ours, to be honest
I am giving myself 100 Mom points for this one.